A. Make Sure With These Attention Grabbing Ideas
You’ve created a blog for your business. Now what? You’re probably asking yourself, “How do people find out about my new blog?”
The simple answer is: You have to promote your blog and let people know it exists.
Optimizing your blog for search engines is critical, but just like any website, product, book or service you create, you have to promote the launch of a new blog.
There are a lot of ways to promote a new blog and I’m sharing 14 tactics to help you get the word out about your new baby. Heck, you could use these tactics for an established blog as well if you want a boost in traffic and subscribers.
But before you tell the world your blog exists, make sure you have completed these essential tasks first:
- Does your masthead (banner) make it easy for new readers to know what your blog is about and if it’s right for them (target audience)?
- Is your name as author/publisher easy to find?
- Do you have an About/Contact page?
- Do you have subscription options (RSS and email)?
- Do you have a call to action to get more info (join your mailing list, get a free report, etc.)?
- Do you have social sharing buttons on your posts?
- Do you have links to your social networking profiles?
- Do you have comments enabled?
- Do you have 7 to 10 posts published?
Point #9 is important because you don’t want to send people to a blog with only one or two posts. New readers will want to get a sense of your style, content and expertise before they commit to subscribing. I strongly recommend having a minimum of seven posts published before you start promoting your new blog.
Implement the Obvious First
Before I get to the 14 creative ways to promote your blog, implement the obvious and see #12, 13 and 14 in this article.
- Syndicate your blog content to your Twitter stream.
- Link your blog to your Facebook business page.
- Link your blog to your LinkedIn profile.
- Submit your blog to the appropriate blog directories.
- Write and post a media release.
- Send an email announcement to your list.